Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Yet another first, my first flat fee listing.

Austin Real Estate Shop had a new experience that culminated last week into our third closing. I took a flat fee listing early last month. It was a flat fee for listing the property in the Multiple Listing System. And then charging an hourly fee anytime the client needed my help. Taking pictures, helping with contract negotiations, dealing with contractors, among other things, were the basic efforts that netted an hourly fee. I have to admit, it was a strange experience. I'm used to going to bat for my clients 100% of the time with no thought to the amount of hours involved. Although it was profitable, I didn't really like it that much. Just being honest! I don't like being a contractor, I like being "Johnny-on-the-spot". Just wasn't as fulfilling. Not saying I wouldn't do it again, but it would have to be a special situation! Thanks to all my friends and supporters.

Phillip

No comments:

Post a Comment